Please, help us to make Milan a bicycle friendly town!
Fiab Ciclobby is a non-profit organization devoted to improve cycling conditions and protecting the rights of cyclists.
Ciclobby is a member of the Italian "Federation of Bicycle Friends" (FIAB, also a non-profit organization), which brings together more than 100 other similar associations spread throughout Italy.
FIAB is a member of ECF, European Cyclists' Federation.
The objective of Fiab Ciclobby is to promote cycling:
- as a daily transport, environmentally friendly, economical and effective way of transport, which especially if properly integrated with the public transport system, offers a competitive alternative to the motor vehicles
- as a travelling vehicle, which allows a form of tourism particularly healthy and environmentally friendly.
We strive to offer, as far as possible, the greatest variety and scope of riding experiences.
Ciclobby offers, almost all the week ends of the year, a full range of riding alternatives for active, enthusiastic cyclists of intermediate and advanced levels and interests; whether you ride for fitness, for fun, for cultural interest or for endurance, you'll find flat rides, climbing rides, shorter rides, off roads rides, and longer rides.
In total, our yearly schedule contains more than 150 rides each year, all free for our members. All the starting locations are strategically located for the ride: main train stations, churches along the canals, main Duomo square.
- on Safety: helmet is not mandatory but we advise you to wear it
- Bike sharing service is a very good option for urban short distances coverage http://www.bikemi.com
- Where to rent a bicycle:
- Bike Maintenance:
- Always bring along a spare inner tube in case of punctures
10 good reasons for joining Ciclobby
- insurance coverage 24/7 for any damage caused to others while you're riding
- free legal advice for damages caused to you (bike and rider) and if the bike is out, you can have the "bike courtesy".
- A year subscription to the magazine BC at only 2 €, the magazine of FIAB on the environment, movement, and culture.
- You can join the rides organized by Ciclobby in and outside the city.
- You can take part to travels, bike holidays, meetings and cultural activities organized by Ciclobby or other FIAB associations.
- You can take part to the bike maintenance tuition courses and use the workshop that we have.
- You get constantly informed via website, mailing list, the magazine "Ciclobby News" that deals with events and opportunities for those who use the bike in Milan, in Italy and abroad.
- Discounts and special offers in shops in Milan (Ciclobby Point) and at cycling friendly lodges throughout Italy, tour operators and more (Servizi under the main menu).
- You get the high visibility vest as a gift
- As each member, you reinforce the development of FIAB which promotes the use of bicycles in Italy, claims the rights of bicyclists and sustainable and safe mobility.